The POWERGRID Corporation of India Ltd has announced the recruitment of the 19th batch of Executive Trainees in the Electrical discipline. Candidates must qualify in GATE 2014 and appear for an interview and group discussion. The POWERGRID Recruitment through GATE 2014 details can be checked below.
Organization: POWERGRID Corporation of India Ltd - the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India
Position: Graduate Trainees in the Electrical discipline (19th Batch)
Selection process: on the basis of the scores in the EE paper of GATE 2014, followed by group discussion and personal interview for shortlisted candidates
Note: The GD will not have any marks but the Interview will have marks awarded to each category as per the company guidelines.
Important: Candidates will be required to furnish their GATE-2014 Admit card and OriginalGATE-2014 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining.
GATE 2014: Click here for details
- Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) from recognized University/Institute in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering with minimum 65% or equivalent CGPA
- AMIE in Electrical with minimum 65% with both Sections A & B cleared by March 31, 2014
- · Final Year / Semester students of Sl. No. 1 above who expect their results by August 14, 2014 are also eligible, provided they have obtained minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
- Candidates must have scored more than or equal to the qualifying marks for the EE Paper in GATE 2014 (Marks will be out of 100)
Note: Reservation/ Relaxation/ Concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-SM/ J&K Domicile / Victims of 1984 Riots category candidates shall be as per Government of India directives
Age Limit: not more than 28 years as on December 31, 2013 (relaxation as per rules).
Details of Training: Selected candidates will undergo training for a period of one year at POWERGRID sites and its training institutes. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineer.
Salary Scale: Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 during the one-year training period. On confirmation, the compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, etc
The Cost to Company will be :
The Cost to Company will be :
· During Training: Rs 7.65 lakhs per annum approximately
· After Training: Rs 13.4 lakhs per annum approximately
Service Agreement Bond: The selected candidates have to execute a service agreement bond to serve the organization for at least three years after successfully completing the prescribed training period. The amount of the bond is Rs. 1,00,000 for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and Rs. 50,000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
How to apply:
· Candidates have to register themselves at the POWERGRID website (from January 7, 2014)
· They have to furnish details of their GATE -2014 Application No., GATE-2014 Registration Number and other required information
- Submission of online GATE 2014 application: September 2 – October 3, 2013
- Powergrid - Start of online application module : January 7, 2014
- Last date for applying to Powergrid: Second Week of February, 2014
- Group Discussion and Interviews: April 2014 tentatively
Note: Dates for POWERGRID registration are tentative and subject to change.
List of all the PSUs recruiting through GATE 2014.: Click here